We are installing this project this week and my very patient clients are eager to move in!
When I met with these clients they had a good idea of what they wanted (though they said they didn’t) and just needed someone to give them confidence for the big decisions, help them visualise how it was all going to look once complete.
We weren’t through piles of magazines to make sure we were all talking about the same thing (photos are your best friend) … also went through all their screen-shots of what they had seen over the last few months, they really were very well prepared for our first meeting. From there we measured out necessary walls, measured out the furniture on the floor and than literally ordered most of the furniture right then and there. Being so close to Christmas there wasn’t time to ‘um’ and ‘argh’ about it. We went homewares shopping that same day too.
It’s a brand new home, with lots of windows but we are fitting art in where we can. All finishes were previously picked. They wanted a modern look but with a rustic twist, and to have some character. It’s a town house so it’s not overally big, so was best not to mix it up with too many different styles (even though you know I’m all about the eclectic mix), and stick to a cohesive colour palette through out. We will bring more personatlity in with the accessories. So here’s what we came up with together so far:
- 2 x Origami Pendant lights to be hung over the dining table, available to order from Tailored Space Interiors.
- Art is an example piece from Jay Jermyn, we are having him do some commission pieces to suit the home.
- 6 x ‘Carter’ dining chairs from Globe West, to break up the black legs (the kitchen stools have black legs too)
- The Verne Metal dining table, to add that bit of rustic character, also from Globe West.
- The ‘Floyd Floor Lamp’ to add a touch of soft light in the living room. (avaiable to order from Tailored Space Interiors.)
- Brighton Sofa, we had it made in Warwick Fabrics: Jarivs Shadow (also from Tailored Space Interiors)
- The Blue Lagoon rug is from West Elm, much needed colour and art on the floor when there wasn’t alot of wall space to add personality in this room.
- The black ottoman and many other affordable ottomans, check out Temple & Webster.
- The cushions, which match the rug perfectly (always hard to get right when your ordering online) were a lucky find at Target. We will no doubt add more cushions.
- And the tv unit, is from Globe West’s Flinders Collection.
- The Hudson Table Lamp, order from Tailored Space Interiors.
- Presely Bedside, Globe West.
- Chairs & throw rug, Adairs.
We are now working together on the guest bedroom, keep an eye out on instagram stories this week to get the first look at the completed home, I will style/photograph and share the project here in the new year.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this home, or if you would like to find out more about this service and having me work with you on your home.
0422714514 / email@example.com